Who are we?
The CSSA is the Canadian Shooting Sports Association — the voice of the sport shooter and firearms enthusiast in Canada.
We support and promote all manner of shooting sports from traditional target shooting competition to modern action shooting sports, hunting, archery, and everything in between. We support and sponsor competitions and youth programs.
We conduct numerous training courses and grant certification for Range Officers, Safety Officers, etc.
We are also very politically active at the provincial and federal levels in the fight to preserve Canada‘s long firearms tradition, and the right of responsible Canadians to have unrestricted lawful access to firearms.
We are your voice.
Canadian Shooting Sports Association
Unit 204 – 1143 Wentworth St. W.
Oshawa, ON, L1J 8P7
Toll Free: 1-888-873-4339
Canadian Shooting Sports Association Aims:
- To promote, develop and encourage the sport of amateur shooting for recreational purposes.
- To conduct and supervise shooting events in those disciplines participating in the Association.
- To establish an association for the affiliation and integration of the shooting disciplines whose aims, objects and purposes are acceptable to the Association.
- To promote or manage projects, activities, enterprises, programs or other undertakings consistent with furthering the aims, objectives and purposes of the association, and that requires the participation of one, or more, or all of the disciplines.
- To provide technical expertise, education and instruction to the shooting sports.
- To disseminate knowledge relative to the laws pertaining to sport shooting and thus make people aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- To propose, support or oppose, firearms legislation, according to what the Association deems to be in the best interests of sport shooters and the broader community.
- To maintain official communications as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Aggressively to oppose and counter misinformation from any source about the shooting sports and firearms ownership.